The first YotaPhone with dual display was announced in MWC 2013 and they went on sale in December. Fast forward a year and they are here at MWC 2014 announcing the second generation YotaPhone. Unlike the original YotaPhone, the second generation YotaPhone is packed with top of the shelf specifications and has everything in it to compete with the top end smartphones.
We are live from Barcelona for MWC 2014 and we managed to get our hands on with the YotaPhone 2. You can check out the hands on video right below.
The specifications of the second generation YotaPhone are as follows
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) AMOLED multi touch main display
- 4.7-inch (960 × 540 pixels) EPD full touch rear screen
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- 8MP auto focus rear camera with LED flash, 1080p full HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions – 144 x 69.5 x 8.9 mm; Weight – 140g
- 2GB RAM, 32GB Internal memory
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n /ac, Bluetoooth v4.0, GPS w/A-GPS + GLONASS
- Black and white
- 2550 mAh battery with wireless charging
The second generation YotaPhone is a much improved version of the original version and comes with the same, but better distinguishing feature. The E-Ink display on the back is always on, so that you don’t have to open your front main display to check notifications each time. Also, it would be great for reading purpose.
What do you think of the YotaPhone 2? Let us know in the comments below.