Coolpad, popular Chinese smartphone manufacturer has showcased the Coolpad Halo, the world’s first smartphone to feature a 7-inch full HD display and a Octa-Core processor at the International CES 2014 in Las Vegas. It has a 7-inch (1920 x 1200 pixels) capacitive touch screen display, powered by a 1.7 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6592 processor with Mali 450-MP4 GPU and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It packs a 13-megapixel auto focus rear camera with dual LED Flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has dual SIM support, 2GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage and expansion slot. It packs a 4000 mAh battery and also comes with NFC and HDMI support. It also has a hardware home button.
Coolpad Halo specifications
- 7-inch (1920×1200 pixels) HD IPS OGS display
- 1.7 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor with 700 MHz Mali 450-MP4 GPU
- Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Dual SIM (WCDMA+GSM)
- 13MP auto focus camera with dual LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5 lens optics, 1080p Full HD video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, aGPS
- 2GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- 4000 mAh battery
The Coolpad Halo is releasing in China as Coolpad 9976A later this month and is priced at 1888 Chinese Yuan (~Rs. 19400). No word on global roll out yet. It is not clear when the Spice, that sells Coolpad phones under the Spice Coolpad category in India would launch it hee. If this comes to India at a competitive price tag, it is definitely going to be a hit with the phablet fans.
Coolpad is also showcasing a range of smartphones at the CES, including the Coolpad Flo and Coolpad Quattro II targeted at the American market and Coolpad 8860U, 5-inch 8870U, targeted at the European market, Coolpad 9190L with 5.95-inch screen, Coolpad Daguan 4 and more.