Samsung has just announced the Galaxy Grand 2, successor of the Galaxy Grand. It has a 5.25-inch (1280 x 720 Pixels) capacitive touch screen display, powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean). It has a 8-megapixel auto focus camera with LED flash and a 1.9-megapixel HD front-facing camera. It comes with dual-SIM capabilities similar to previous grand and has Samsung’s unique features such as Multi Window, Story Album, S Translator, S Travel, Sound & Shot, Samsung Hub, Group Play, Samsung Link and more. It packs a 2,600 mAh battery that would offer up to 10 hours of video playback and 17 hours of calls.
The phone’s back cover has faux leather finish, similar to the Galaxy Note 3.
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 specifications
- 5.25-inch (1280 x 720 Pixels) capacitive touch screen display with 16:9 aspect ratio
- 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) OS
- Dual SIM
- 8.9 mm thick and weighs 163 grams
- 8MP Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 1.5GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v 4.0, GPS/GLONASS
- 2600 mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes in White, and Black and Pink colors and would be available in selective regions. No details about the price or availability yet.