SwiftKey 4.3 – Layouts for Living is now available for Android phones and tablets from the Google Play Store. The SwiftKey 4.3 Beta was launched last month and it was updated recently with fixes and improvements. This update brings multiple layouts such as compact, Thumb and Full that helps you type quickly and comfortably, irrespective of the devices or what context you’re typing in. SwiftKey 4.3 would be available as a free update to all the existing users.
New features in SwiftKey 4.3 for Android
- Compact layout for easier typing with one hand or gesture typing using SwiftKey Flow
- Thumb Layout that splits into two areas, enabling fast, comfortable typing with both thumbs
- Full layout that brings traditional full-width keyboard
- Choose from 5 sizes to get your keyboard the perfect size for you
- Undock your keyboard and position it where you choose on your screen
- Rearranged and optimized secondary (123) and tertiary (symbols) layout, based on extensive user testing
- A new theme: previously SwiftKey and SwiftKey Tablet had two different themes called “Dark”. Both are now available on phones and tablets, with the tablet “Dark” renamed as “Forest”
- Extended layout for tablets, including left and right cursor keys
- All 4 cursor keys (up, down, left, right) are now available on the secondary (123) layout on tablets – phone users can still choose to have cursor keys on the main layout
- 10-inch tablets can choose to have a central numpad in the thumb layout in landscape
- Combined phone and tablet app to give a seamless experience across all device sizes
Download SwiftKey 4.3 for Android smartphones and tablets from Google Play for $3.99.