Xiaomi, one of leading manufacturers of Android smartphones in China, have just announced that they have sold 100,000 Xiaomi Mi3 in less than 90 seconds of its launch. This news comes courtesy of Xiamoi Mobile’s Twitter account where they have mentioned that 100000 Mi3 devices have been sold in an exact time of 1 minute and 26 seconds. This clearly indicates a very high demand for the product.
Xiaomi is regarded as the Apple of China as they tend borrow the design and presentation from the Cupertino giant for their products. Xiaomi is the Chinese company’s latest flagship and comes equipped with top of the shelf features. The specifications of the device are as follows
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 441 PPI resolution with Corning Gorilla glass protection
- 1.8 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor / 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 (MSM 8974AB) processor
- Dimensions – 114mm×72mm×8.1mm, weight: 145g
- MIUI V5 on top of Android
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony Exmor BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p full HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera with BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p full HD video recording
- 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16 / 64 GB internal memory
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, and NFC
- 3050mAh battery
The price of Xiaomi Mi3 is reasonably quite less than that of Apple’s iPhone 5C and 5S in China. The 16GB version is priced at 1999 Chinese Yuan ($327) for the 16GB version while the 64GB version costs 2499 Chinese Yuan ($408). On the contrary, the 16GB iPhone 5S is priced at 5288 Chinese Yuan for ($866) and 64GB version costs 6888 Chinese Yuan($1129).