The devTeam is back in action again right after we saw Blackra1n by ex dev team member GeoHot. Many users complain that Blackrain was not 100% effective in unlocking. So get hold of a MacOS powered machine and download the Pwnage tool in case you want to free your iPhone or iPod from restrictions. and void your warranty. Devices supported include iPhone 2G/3G/3GS upto 3.1.2 firmware and iPod Touch 1G/2G. The iPod Touch 3G is not supported
The iPhone 3GS is now supported out of the box in PwnageTool 3.1.4 (or if you have upgraded to 3.1.x in iTunes)
The iPod 2G is still supported in PwnageTool 3.1.4 but you must already be jailbroken (we’ll update this if there’s a big demand from non-jailbroken ipt2G owners)
The iPod touch 3G is NOT supported
- GOLDEN RULE: If you are using a iPhone 3G or iPhone 3G(S) with ultrasn0w and rely on ultrasn0w to obtain cellular service then you should only update your device with an .ipsw that is made with the new PwnageTool. There are no second chances with this. You need to remember that PwnageTool will provide an upgrade path to newer versions of the iPhone software in the future.
- Please read all parts of this post before downloading and using these tools.
- Read items 1, 2 and 3 again and again.
- At the bottom of this post are the bittorrent files for the 3.1.4 capable version of PwnageTool.
- PwnageTool will work for the iPhone 3GS
- PwnageTool will work for the iPod touch 2G
- PwnageTool WILL work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3G(S) and the iPod touch (1st Generation and 2nd Generation) but NOT the iPod touch 3rd generation.
- For 3G and 3G(S) users who are Pwned, PwnageTool is your key to updating in the future, just remember to never install an update directly from Apple, always use an .ipsw that has been created with PwnageTool.
- There is no Windows version of PwnageTool it is a Mac OS X tool only, we are not developing a Windows version of PwnageTool.