Alcatel One Touch has announced the One Touch Idol X, the company’s latest flagship smartphone. It has a 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.4mm edge-to-edge capacitive touch screen IPS display with 170 degrees wide viewing angles. The display is based on one-glass solution (OGS) that reduces the phone’s thickness and has Dragontrail Glass for protection. It is powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It has a 13.1-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 5cm macro lens, 1080p video recording and a 2-megapixel 1080p front-facing camera.
It has a Titanium alloy frame that reduces the weight of the phone to just 130 grams and the is just 6.9mm thick. It also comes in dual SIM variant with 16GB of internal memory, but the micro SD card slot is present only in the 8GB single SIM variant. Other features include Flip to mute, TV link and more.
Alcatel One Touch Idol X specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display with Dragontrail Glass protection
- 1.5 GHz quad-core processor
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Dual SIM (Optional)
- 13MP auto focus camera with LED Flash, 1080p Full HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 3G (DC-HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, aGPS
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 2GB RAM, 8GB (single SIM) / 16GB (dual SIM) internal memory, expandable memory
- 2000 mAh battery
The Alcatel One Touch Idol X comes in Slate, Flash Red and Flash Yellow Colors. It is already on sale in several countries and would soon go on sale globally.