This is the month, when college and universities all over the world get started for new semester, and being a student, it is quite difficult to adjust after a large break.
Here’s where iStudiez Pro [iTunes Link] comes in, created by Andriy Kachalo and Michael Balashoff, iStudiez Pro is designed to help you take charge of your own schedule by always keeping you on top of where you need to be and what needs to get done. With an intuitive interface, the application promises to make sure “you never miss another course, lecture, and lab, track tasks and deadlines, plan homework, arrange assignments and much more.”
Myself being a student, I have really found out the potential of this App, this is very helpful indeed for planning and to make yourself ready for the next class. Though I have found some features lacking like I cannot give separate time for same class in a week and few others, which I have forwarded to the developer. And some really beautiful features which will be coming in future updates are:-
- Most craved for feature – Push Notifications.
- Holidays. Yep, now when you don’t have classes on some particular day, you’ll be able to mark it so that it shows you there is a holiday or day off with no classes.
- Block schedule option (A & B weeks, 6-days schedule, every other day repetition etc).
- Going beyond mere planning we have decided to add special area dedicated to Teachers hosting all your information about your instructors (e-mail, phone numbers, address, office hours etc).
- When you input Custom class type, it will further be saved and available from the class types picker.
- Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, (hey there Scandinavia!), Hebrew and Polish localizations.
- Operation speed improved, assignments planning improved, some other things added (let us be mysterious at least in something, hah?!)
The future updates makes the App more useful, available for both iPhone and iPod touch, is selling for $2.99 on the App Store. I think it is one of the most useful and best App for students and college goers.