Samsung has officially announced the Galaxy S4 mini, successor of the Galaxy S3 mini ahead of the Samsung Premier 2013 scheduled for June 20th in London. It has a 4.3-inch (960 × 540 pixels) qHD Super AMOLED display, powered by a 1.7 GHz dual-core processor and runs on Android 4.2.2. Jelly Bean with Samsung’s own Nature UX. It packs a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash and a 1.9-megapixel HD front-facing camera. It has 1.5GB of RAM and packs a 1900 mAh battery. It comes with 4G LTE, or 3G HSPA+ (GT-I9190) or 3G Dual SIM (GT-I9192) depending on the market.
It is 8.97mm thick and weighs just 107 grams (108 grams for the 3G dual SIM version), lighter than the It borrows several software features from the Galaxy S4 including a Sound&Shot, S Travel, Story Album, S Translator, WatchON (to control TV using IR LED) and S Health.
Samsung Galaxy S4 mini specifications
- 4.3-inch (960 × 540 pixels) qHD Super AMOLED display
- 1.7 GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.2.2. Jelly Bean OS
- Dual SIM (Optional)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 1.9MP HD front-facing camera
- 8.94 mm thick and weighs 107 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack
- IR LED (Remote control)
- 1.5GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory (5GB user memory), expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v 4.0, GPS/GLONASS and NFC (LTE version only)
- 1,900mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy S4 mini comes in White Frost and Black Mist colors. It would be showcased at the Samsung Premier 2013 event in London on June 20th. No word on pricing or the availability yet.
Source: Samsung Tomorrow