Since the license to include the YouTube app in iOS is over Apple removed the YouTube app in the latest iOS 6 beta, and said it would not come pre-installed with the iOS 6. Now, Google has released a separate YouTube app for iPhone. This app has new UI that looks similar to the Android app with the channel guide UI that shows subscribed channel on the left pane. It also has a search box with auto complete feature and voice search option. The user profile doesn’t have a card-like structure like the Android app.
Feature of YouTube for iPhone
- Swipe from the left to access subscriptions with the channel guide UI
- Voice search and query auto complete
- Read comments, browse related videos, enable subtitles and more
- Touch the video to like, dislike or share
- Share the videos on Google+, E-mail, Facebook and Twitter
Download the YouTube for iPhone from the Apple iTunes store for free. Google plans to launch the optimized version of the YouTube app for iPad in coming months.