The latest 4.3 update to Twitter for iPhone still hasn’t been pushed out but if the changelog on iTunes is to be believed, it will be bringing a whole host of interesting additions.
The official Twitter app for the iPhone has faced a lot of criticism for its relative lack of features compared to the third party offerings. The update which brings nifty features like account specific push notifications should go a long way in reviving interest for the official app. You can read the official change-log below.
- Discover more interactive experiences inside any Tweet: when you view tweet details containing links to partner websites, you can now see content previews, view images, play videos and more
- Special experience around selected events: we’ll curate accounts and surface the best Tweets and photos from the those involved
- Improvements to autocomplete suggestions when you search for people in Connect
- Push Notifications for Tweets: you can know immediately when selected people you follow have tweeted
- Ambient notifications: enables you to see brief non-interruptive notifications in the status bar while you are using the app
- Discover: now indicates when new stories are available for the user to load
- Trends: support for personalized trends
- Tappable avatars that take you directly to user profiles
- Performance improvements
- Support for password entry in app when experiencing authentication issues
- Hungarian language support
- Updated with new Twitter bird
- Many other tweaks, polish, and bug and crasher fixes
[Via – iDownloadBlog]