Meta is introducing a new feature called ‘Sticker Maker’ to its instant messaging platform, WhatsApp. The feature lets you convert your photos into stickers or personalize existing stickers.
The sticker maker feature has some cool features like the auto-crop function as well as a suite of editing tools including text, drawing, and even the ability to overlay other stickers. Once you send the edited sticker it’ll be automatically saved in the sticker tray so you can resend whenever you like.
How to create a sticker on WhatsApp?
- Open your sticker tray by selecting the sticker icon to the right of the text box, Select ‘create sticker’ and choose an image from your gallery.
- Customize your sticker by choosing a cutout and adding text, other stickers, or drawing on it
- Send your customized sticker.
How to edit an existing sticker on WhatsApp?
- Open your sticker tray by selecting the sticker icon to the right of the text box
- Long press the sticker you wish to edit, and select ‘edit sticker’
- Customize your sticker by adding text, other stickers, or drawing on it
- Send your edited sticker
The feature is already available on WhatsApp Web and is rolling out on iOS 17+ over the coming days. Those using older iOS versions will be able to edit existing stickers, but not create new ones. It should soon roll out to Android as well.