Google has officially announced the launch of the Google Pixel Watch 2, promising significant enhancements in both design and functionality compared to its predecessor.
The Pixel Watch 2 features a sleek and eco-friendly design, crafted from 100% recycled aluminum, making it 10% lighter than the previous model. Its larger crown ensures ease of use and comfort, particularly during sleep.
Under the hood, the watch is powered by a new quad-core CPU, offering smoother performance. Remarkably, it provides an impressive 24-hour battery life, even with the always-on display, thanks to a low-power co-processor. Fast-charging capabilities mean you can reach 50% battery in just 30 minutes.
The Pixel Watch 2 comes with three new sensors. The improved heart rate sensor, equipped with multiple LEDs, offers significantly more accurate readings, especially during intense workouts. Additionally, the Fitbit Body Response feature, utilizing a continuous electrodermal activity (cEDA) sensor, can identify signs of stress and provide guidance to users.
The watch also monitors skin temperature at night to analyze sleep patterns and overall wellness. Users can access health and fitness information using voice commands through the Google Assistant app.
With Wear OS 4, the Pixel Watch 2 offers a customizable and user-friendly experience. Smarter notifications, enhanced accessibility, and new apps like Gmail and Calendar enhance its functionality.
Google Pixel Watch 2 Specifications
- 3D curved always-on AMOLED display, 320 ppi, DCI-P3 color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, up to 1000 nits brightness
- Qualcomm 5100 chipset
- Wear OS 4.0
- 32 GB eMMC storage, 2GB RAM
- Sensors: Compass, Altimeter, Red and infrared sensors for oxygen saturation (SpO2) monitoring, Multipurpose electrical sensors compatible with ECG app, Multi-path optical heart rate sensor, 3-axis accelerometer, Gyroscope, Ambient light sensor, Electrical sensor to measure skin conductance (cEDA) for body response tracking, Skin temperature sensor10, Barometer, Magnetometer
- Daily Readiness Score, Sleep Profile, Sleep Score, Active Zone Minutes and 40 workout modes
- Interactions: Side button, Haptic crown, Premium haptics
- Built-in mic and speaker
- 5 ATM water resistant
- Housing: 100% recycled aluminum; Active Band: Fluoroelastomer with soft-touch coating
- Weight: 31 g (without band)
- 4G LTE (optional), Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz), GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, Quasi-Zenith Satellite, NFC
- 306 mAh battery, 24 hours battery life with always-on display, USB-C Fast Charging, Charges 80% in 45 minutes
Pricing and Availability
Google’s Pixel Watch 2 offers a variety of stylish color combinations, including Polished Silver Aluminum Case with Bay Active Band, Matte Black Aluminum Case with Obsidian Active Band, Champagne Gold Aluminum Case with Hazel Active Band, and Polished Silver Aluminum Case with Porcelain Active Band.
For customers in the United States, pre-orders for the Pixel Watch 2 are now open. The Bluetooth/Wi-Fi version is priced at USD 349 (Rs. 29,064 approx.), while the 4G LTE variant is available for USD 399 (Rs. 33,228 approx.). It will be available on the Google Store, Fitbit.com, and select retailers.
In India, the Google Pixel Watch 2 is priced at Rs. 39,900 and will be up for purchase starting October 12 on Flipkart. Those buying a Pixel 8 or Pixel 8 Pro can get a Pixel Watch 2 for Rs. 19,999.