nubia just announced the RedMagic 8S Pro and RedMagic 8S Pro+, the company’s new flagship gaming phones, in China, as it had promised. Both the phones are powered Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Advanced Edition clocked at up to 3.36GHz.
The company says that it has scored 1713658 points on AnTuTu. It has has up to 24GB LPDDR5X RAM and up to 1TB storage UFS4.0 storage.
These feature a 6.8-inch BOE OLED screen with a refresh rate of up to 120Hz refresh rate, 960Hz multi-finger screen touch sampling rate, 1440Hz PWM dimming + DC dimming, 1300 nits brightness and 93.7% screen-to-body ratio, thanks to 1.48mm narrow side bezels.
The phones have ICE 12.0 magic cooling system with built-in fan + full-through air duct, 3D ice-level dual-pump, super large VC liquid cooling, graphene under the screen and up to 10 layers of cooling materials, so the surface temperature of the whole machine body drops by 17° C.
These have built-in independent gaming chip “Red Core R2” for improving shoulder keys, enhancing vibrations, defining game lighting effects, and enhancing sound effects. These have 520Hz touch sampling shoulder triggers, 960Hz multi-finger screen touch sampling rate, X-axis linear motor and 1115K+1216 ultra-linear stereo speakers, Snapdragon Sound technology for up to 96kHz output with 48ms low latency.
The phones have 50MP 1/1.57-inch Samsung GN5 sensor and a 16MP OmniVision under-screen camera front camera. The RedMagic 8S Pro has a 6000mAh battery with 80W fast charging for 100% charge in 35 minutes and the Red
Magic 8S Pro+ has a 5000mAh battery with 165W charging that can charge up to 100% in 14 minutes.
There is RedMagic 8S Pro+ Bumblebee Super Warriors Collectors Edition, which is customized according to the Transformers-Bumblebee, comes with 165W gallium nitride charger Bumblebee customized version, Bumblebee Custom badges, Transformers custom card pins, customized Bumblebee fast charging data cable, magnetic gaming protective case, radiator 4 magnetic suction Bumblebee Edition, and Bumblebee customized theme.
RedMagic 8S Pro and 8S Pro+ specifications
- 6.8-inch (2480 x 1116 pixels) Full HD+ OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, up to 960Hz touch sampling rate, 10-bit color depth and 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, up to 1300 nits brightness, DC dimming, 1440Hz PWM dimming
- Up to 3.36GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Advanced Edition 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 740 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB / 16GB / 24GB LPDDR5X RAM with 128GB / 256GB / 512GB / 1TB (UFS 4.0)
- Android 13 with Redmagic OS 8.0
- Dual SIM
- 50MP 1/1.57 Samsung GN5 sensor, 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens, 2MP macro camera
- 16MP under-display front-facing camera with OmniVision OV16A1Q sensor
- In-display fingerprint sensor with heart rate detection
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Dual Smart PA, 3 mics
- Dimensions:163.98×76.35×8.9mm;Weight: 228g (8S Pro) / 230g (8S Pro+)
- 5G NSA /SA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz + 6GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, GPS (L1/L5)+ GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 8S Pro – 6000mAh battery, 80W fast charging
- 8S Pro+ – 5000mAh battery, 165W fast charging
Pricing and availability
- RedMagicS 8S Pro 8GB + 128GB – 3999 yuan (USD 552 / Rs. 45,380 approx.)
- RedMagicS 8S Pro 8GB + 256GB – 4399 yuan (USD 607 / Rs. 49,920 approx.)
- RedMagicS 8S Pro 12GB + 256GB transparent – 4799 yuan (USD 662 / Rs. 54,460 approx.)
- RedMagicS 8S Pro 12GB + 256GB transparent – 5499 yuan (USD 759 / Rs. 62,405 approx.)
- RedMagic 8S Pro+ 16GB + 256GB – 5499 yuan (USD 759 / Rs. 62,405 approx.)
- RedMagic 8S Pro+ 16GB + 512GB – 5799 yuan (USD 800 / Rs. 65,810 approx.)
- RedMagic 8S Pro+16GB + 256GB transparent – 5699 yuan (USD 786 / Rs. 64,675 approx.)
- RedMagic 8S Pro+ 16GB + 512GB transparent – 5999 yuan (US$ 828 / Rs. 68,080 approx.)
- RedMagic 8S Pro+ 16GB + 1TB transparent – 6999 yuan (USD 966 / Rs. 79,430 approx.)
- RedMagic 8S Pro+ 24GB + 1TB transparent – 7499 yuan (US$ 1,035 / Rs. 85,105 approx.)
- RedMagic 8S Pro+ Bumblebee Edition 16GB+512GB – 6499 yuan (US$ 897 / Rs. 73,755 approx.)
The phones are available to order from today, and will go on sale in China starting from July 11th. The Bumblebee Edition will go on sale in early August. Global roll out details should be available soon.
Update: Global Version of REDMAGIC 8S Pro will be introduced on July 18th. Early Bird Offer from July 25th and sales will begin July 27th, said the company.