ASUS just announced the Zenfone 10, the company’s latest flagship smartphone, as it had promised. It has a 5.9-inch Full HD+ OLED screen, same as the predecessor, but the refresh rate has been bumped to 144Hz, but it works only in games. It also gets up to 1100 nits peak brightness.
This is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC with up to 16GB of RAM and has vapour chamber cooling. It runs Android 13 with ZenUI, and the company only promises 2 years of OS updates and 4 years of security patches.
This retains a 50MP camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, but gets improved six-axis gimbal stabilization 2.0, adaptive EIS and a new 13MP ultra-wide camera and a 32MP front camera. The phone retains the ASUS ZenTouch, a multifunction side-mounted power button incorporating a fingerprint sensor and support for convenient gesture controls.
The back of the phone is made of textured surface made of advanced material that is really tough and comfortable, yet grippy and also reduces the weight of the phone, says the company. It retains IP68 water and dust resistant ratings and the same 4300mAh battery with support for 30W fast charging, but adds 15W wireless charging.
ASUS Zenfone 10 specifications
- 5.9-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED HDR 10+ 20:9 aspect ratio display with 144Hz refresh rate, up to 1100 nits peak brightness, 151.9% sRGB, 112% DCI-P3 color gamut, Delta E<1, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 740 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5X RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 4.0 storage, 16GB LPDDR5X RAM with 512GB UFS 4.0 storage
- Android 13 with ASUS ZenUI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, six-axis gimbal stabilization 2.0, 2×2 OCL PDAF, 13MP 120° ultra-wide camera, Dual PDAF, 8K 24fps video recording
- 32MP front camera with RGBW technology
- 3.5mm audio jack, Qualcomm Aqstic WCD9380, Stereo speakers, Dirac Virtuo for Headphone Spatial Sound, Two microphones with OZO Audio Noise Reduction Technology
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 146.5×68.1 ×9.4mm; Weight: 172g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11be 7, Bluetooth 5.3,GNSS support GPS (L1/L5), Glonass (L1), Galileo (E1/E5a), BeiDou(B1/B2a), QZSS (L1/L5) and NavIC(L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 4300mAh (typical) with 30W fast charging, 15W wireless charging
Pricing and availability
The ASUS ZenFone 10 comes in Midnight Black, Comet White, Eclipse Red, Aurora Green and Starry Blue colours and is priced at 799 Euros (US$ 868 / Rs. 71,305 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 849 Euros (US$ 922 / Rs. 75,765 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB and 929 Euros (US$ 929 / Rs. 82,905 approx.) for the 16GB + 512GB models.
It is now available in Europe and will roll out in the U.S., Canada, UK, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Taiwan in Q3 2023.