MediaTek has introduced yet another 7000 series chipset called the Dimensity 7050 which has similar specifications as the Dimensity 1080. This features 6nm-class technology, which enables enhanced power efficiency when combined with MediaTek 5G UltraSave to provide long-lasting performance.
It has an Octa-Core CPU with two Arm Cortex-A78 performance cores that can run at up to 2.6GHz and six Arm Cortex-A55 efficiency cores that can run at 2.0GHz, as well as a Mali-G68 graphics engine.
It supports 200MP main cameras, a plethora of hardware-based camera engines, and a specialized 4K HDR video capture engine while consuming little battery power. Furthermore, the MediaTek APU 550 enables a number of AI-camera enhancements.
It boasts HyperEngine technology, which provides integrated 5G HSR mode, in which the smartphone actively searches for and connects to the lowest latency accessible cell tower to reduce online ping. The innovative networking engine supports call and data concurrency, allowing gamers to keep a 5G data connection open and uninterrupted for their game while accepting a call on the second SIM.
The chipset uses Intelligent Refresh Rate Display technology to enable full HD+ displays up to 120Hz. It offers Wi-Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, and GNSS, and faster 5G Carrier Aggregation (2CC-CA) with mixed duplex FDD+TDD that uses low and mid-band for higher speeds, greater reach, and a seamless handover.
MediaTek Dimensity 7050 Specifications:
- Octa Core: 2 x Arm Cortex-A78 @ 2.6GHz, 6 x Arm Cortex-A55 @ 2.0GHz
- GPU: Arm Mali-G68 MC4
- AI Accelerator: MediaTek APU 3.0
- Memory support: LPDDR5 / LPDDR4x
- Storage support: UFS 3.1 / UFS 2.1
- Max Display Resolution: 2520 x 1080 at 120Hz
- Cellular Technologies: 2G / 3G / 4G / 5G Multi-Mode, 4G Carrier Aggregation (CA), 5G Carrier Aggregation (CA), EDGE, 4G FDD / TDD, 5G FDD / TDD, GSM, TD-SCDMA, WDCDMA
- Cellular Functions: SA & NSA modes; SA Option2, NSA Option3 / 3a / 3x, NR TDD Band, NR FDD Band, DSS, NR DL 2CC, 120 MHz bandwidth, 256QAM NR UL 2CC, 256QAM VoNR / EPS fallback
- Max 200MP Camera support and 4K @ 30fps HDR video capture engine
- 2T2R Wi-Fi Antenna, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2
Get ready for the unveiling of the powerful MediaTek Dimensity 7050 chipset in India to feature in the Lava Agni 2 5G smartphone.#MediaTek #LavaMobiles #PoweredByMediaTek #Agni2 #ExpectIncredible #MediaTekDimensity #MediaTekDimensity7050 @LavaMobile pic.twitter.com/Lipst6WbXt
— MediaTek India (@MediaTekIndia) May 2, 2023
The MediaTek Dimensity 7050 will first power the Lava Agni 2 5G smartphone, which will be released in India soon. Furthermore, it is expected to power 5G devices that will be released in the global market this Q2, 2023.
Regarding the launch, Anku Jain, Managing Director, MediaTek India said,
MediaTek has been collaborating with OEMs in India empowering incredible experiences supported by an extensive portfolio of smartphones and smart device technologies.
MediaTek Dimensity 7050 will allow OEMs to create exceptional smartphones with greater CPU performance, low-power, and incredibly smooth game experience.