TECNO Mobile, a premium smartphone brand with a ‘Make in India’ and glocalization philosophy, is producing its first foldable smartphone in India.
TECNO’s ‘Make in India’ initiative
In accordance with its promise to “Make in India,” TECNO has launched the production of its inaugural folding phone, the PHANTOM V Fold. The PHANTOM V Fold will be manufactured in the Noida facility, which can produce 24 million phones per year.
TECNO’s Focus on Segment-First and Industry-First Features
TECNO is committed to providing customers with segment-first and industry-first features across all five product lines – POP, SPARK, POVA, CAMON, and PHANTOM. The brand is looking to serve the mid-to-premium segment with its CAMON and PHANTOM product lines, creating a versatile and robust product portfolio for customers in Tier 1 and 2 markets.
TECNO’s commitment to introducing cutting-edge technologies to emerging markets continues with their latest product, the PHANTOM V Fold. This smartphone is the newest addition to TECNO’s premium smartphone sub-brand, PHANTOM. It promises to provide an exceptional foldable experience with its proprietary technologies, innovative design features, and key collaborations.
PHANTOM V Fold is India’s first foldable smartphone with MediaTek’s Dimensity 9000+ processor. The customized, dual-SIM, dual 5G processor is made using TSMC’s advanced 4nm manufacturing process, resulting in a foldable device with exceptional performance and low power consumption.
TECNO PHANTOM V Fold 5G specifications
- 7.65-inch (2296 x 2000) 2K+ 10-120Hz LTPO AMOLED foldable display
- 6.42-inch (1080 x 2550) FHD+ 10-120Hz LTPO AMOLED outer display
- Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 9000+ processor with Mali-G710 MC10 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5X RAM, 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 13 with HiOS 13 Fold
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with 1/1.3″ sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 13MP ultra-120° wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 50MP 2x portrait telephoto camera, 20x digital zoom
- 32MP (outer) / 16MP (inner) front cameras
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 159.4×72 (fold) / 140.4 (unfold), 14.5-14.2mm (fold) / 6.8mm (unfold)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.3,GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 45W fast charging
Pricing and availability
TECNO is all set to launch its latest smartphone, the PHANTOM V Fold, in India on April 11, 2023. As a special offer, TECNO is providing exclusive early access to the initial users at an attractive price of just Rs. 77,777 (Applicable only for Limited Stock).
To avail of this opportunity, buyers can participate in the Early Bird Sale, which is set to start from April 12 on Amazon.in.
Commenting on the announcement, Arijeet Talapatra, CEO, TECNO Mobile India, mentioned,
We have been operating in India since 2017, and aligned with the government’s vision, ‘Make in India’ has been at the core of our functioning with the establishment of the manufacturing unit in Noida. Having built a strong foothold in the mid-to-high segment and continued innovation in the premium segment with the launch of the PHANTOM X2 series, we are now focused on ultra-premium space with the entry in the foldable category.
This year, we are aiming to build a robust portfolio in this segment with multiple launches scheduled under the CAMON & PHANTOM series, which is our flagship. We are dedicated to India, and our unwavering commitment is demonstrated through our ongoing endeavors and investments to localize our products and services, foster job creation, and contribute to the growth of the Indian economy. We take pride in being a part of India’s journey towards self-reliance, and we are resolute in our commitment to this cause.