After several teasers, HMD Global has confirmed the sale of its X30 5G smartphone in India on February 20th, so we can expect the launch in a few days. This was confirmed in a tweet, which says that the phone is sustainable, durable, and it also promises three years of Android upgrades and three years of monthly security updates.
— Nokia Mobile India (@NokiamobileIN) February 14, 2023
The phone was introduced back in September last year. At the launch, the company said that X30 5G is made with 100% recycled aluminium and 65% recycled plastic, making it its most eco-friendly smartphone yet.
It also uses 100% FSC-certified and 94% recycled paper box at a reduced packaging size saves on transportation CO2 emissions, made possible by removing the charger to tackle e-waste.
Nokia X30 5G specifications
- 6.43-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate,450 nits (typ.) and 700 nits (peak) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 695 8nm Mobile Platform (2.2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 560 CPUs) with Adreno 619L GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.2) storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Android 12
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 13MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, Corning Gorilla Glass with DX+ camera glass protection
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water-resistant (IP67)
- Dimensions: 158.9 x 73.9 x 7.99mm; Weight: 185g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4200mAh battery with 33W fast charging, QC3.0, PD3.0, PPS support
The phone was introduced for 319 EUR (US$ 343 / Rs. 28,390 approx.), and we should know the India price when it is launched in a few days.