realme just announced the GT Neo 5, the company’s latest smartphone in the GT Neo series in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.7-inch 144Hz 1.5K flat AMOLED screen from Tianma. It also has 2160Hz ultra-high frequency PWM dimming, up to 1400 nits brightness and a 2.31mm ultra-narrow chin.
The phone is powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC with up to 16GB RAM and up to 1TB storage. There is variable heat dissipation system max with 6580 mm² cooling area, 4500 mm² 3D VC cooling, 1500Hz gaming control engine, customized for players and antenna matrix system 2.0.
There is a transparent RGB design inspired from transparent gaming chassis. This includes a transparent double-film zero-noise technology, deco integrated metal camera and the halo RGB system offers 25 colors, 5 speed adjustments, and custom settings.
The e-sports berserk light effect, lighting up the highlight moments of the game, says the company. The lights can also be used for notifications such as incoming calls, messages and other applications.
The Purple colour uses the industry’s first matte fusion process in a piece of glass using four textures. The white combine black and white that is translucent and warm. The Black has fine particles, deep and deep, and implements three colors of Starlight.
The phone has 50MP Sony IMX890 with OIS, HyperShot 2.0, Turbo RAW lossless image algorithm, Street shooting mode 3.0 and also has a microscope lens, in addition to a 8MP ultra-wide camera.
There are two models, one with a 4600mAh with 240W fast charging, making it the fastest charging phone to be mass-produced. This promises 2 hours of talk time with 30 seconds of charge, reaches from 1 to 20% in 80 seconds, up to 50% in 4 minutes, and full charge about 9 minutes. The 5000mAh battery version has 150W charging that can charge up to 100% in 16 minutes.
realme GT Neo5 specifications
- 6.74-inch (2772×1240 pixels) (144Hz/120Hz/90Hz/60Hz/45Hz/40Hz adaptive) AMOLED display with up to 1450 nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 2160Hz high-frequency PWM dimming
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- GT Neo5 – 8GB/12GB/16GB LPDDR5X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- GT Neo5 240W – 16GB LPDDR5X RAM with 256GB/512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 13 with realme UI 4.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX890 sensor, OIS, f/1.88 aperture, 23.6mm equivalent focal length, 8MP IMX355 112° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP GC02M microscope lens with f/3.3 aperture, LED flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with Samsung S5K3P9 sensor, f/2.45 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.85×75.75×8.9; Weight:199g
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5)/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- GT Neo5 – 5000mAh (typical) / 4850mAh (minimum) battery with 150W SuperVOOC fast charging
- GT Neo5 240W – 4600mAh (typical) / 4450mAh (minimum) battery with 240W SuperVOOC fast charging
Pricing and availability
- realme GT Neo5 8GB+256GB – 2599 yuan (US$ 383 / Rs. 31,635 approx.)
realme GT Neo5 12GB+256GB – 2799 yuan (US$ 412 / Rs. 34,070 approx.)
- realme GT Neo5 16GB+256GB – 2999 yuan (US$ 441 / Rs. 36,485 approx.)
- realme GT Neo5 240W 16GB+ 256GB – 3199 yuan (US$ 471 / Rs. 38,920 approx.)
- realme GT Neo5 240W 16GB+1TB – 3499 yuan (US$ 515 / Rs. 42,575 approx.)
The phone is now available to order and will go on sale in China from February 15th. The 150W variant will get 100 yuan discount during the first sale. realme CEO Sky Li has confirmed that the phone will roll out globally soon.