TECNO has launched the company’s flagship PHANTOM X2 Pro smartphone in India, as it had promised. This features the world’s first retractable portrait lens that ensures the phone remains slim and light, the 65mm lens’ 2.5x optical zoom, large f/1.49 aperture and shallow 18.9cm depth of field promise a stunningly pure optical bokeh for breathtaking portraiture.
To remind you, the phone has a 6.8-inch FHD+ 120Hz AMOLED screen, features a 50MP main camera with a 1/1.3″ Samsung GNV sensor and Super Night mode. In addition, it features a range of self-developed beautification settings to give users even greater freedom when shooting and editing.
It has a 32MP HDR Selfie Camera. It packs a 5160mAh battery with rapid 45W flash charging offering 50% charge in 20 minutes.
The Mars Orange variant of PHANTOM X2 Pro has World’s First Renewable Fiber Back Cover, which is 100% recyclable, is made of 48% eco-friendly material i.e., plastic bottles found in the Indian Ocean and has a 38% lower carbon emission. It has a striking Mars Orange design, representing the stark landscapes of the Red Planet.
TECNO PHANTOM X2 Pro specifications
- 6.8-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) FHD+ AMOLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Up to 3.05GHz Octa Core Dimensity 9000 4nm processor with Mali-G710 10-core GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 12 with HiOS 12
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with 1/1.3″ Samsung GNV sensorm f/1.9 aperture, 50MP ISOCELL JN1 sensor, f/1.5 aperture 65mm telephoto, 2.5x optical zoom, retractable lens, 13 MP ultrawide camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.5 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 164.6 x 72.7 x 8.9mm
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.3,GPS/GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5160mAh (Typical) battery with 45W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The TECNO PHANTOM X2 Pro comes in Moonlight Silver and Stardust Grey colours and is priced at Rs. 49,999.
The smartphone’s pre-booking begins today on Amazon.in and retail touchpoints, its first-ever sale will begin on 24th January 2023.
|Amazon offers||Additional INR 5000 off on smartphone exchange
Free 12 months Amazon Prime membership
6 months no cost EMI when buying the phone from Amazon
|Retail offers||Free TECNO gift hamper for the first 600 customers
No cost EMI
Commenting on the new entrant of its flagship series, Arijeet Talapatra, CEO, TECNO Mobile India, said:
The premium segment, above 30K, is witnessing significant growth since 2022 and recorded its highest-ever growth rate of 12% for the period Jan to Nov 22 Vs 21. With that as the backdrop, we are creating an aggressive portfolio under the Phantom series, addressing these new-age consumer needs. With each Phantom product, we are further advancing our technology specifications while maintaining a balance of aesthetics and style. With the launch of PHANTOM X2 Pro 5G, we are offering World’s First Retractable portrait camera. The idea is to deliver premium experiences to more and more people for whom their smartphone is the primary gadget for professional photography on the go. Also as 5G is rolling out in different Indian cities and is playing a catalyst in driving effective telecommunications, this is the most suitable time for the smartphone players for bringing in a premium robust 5G-enabled smartphone provision.