Amazon’s voice assistant Alexa is gaining new skills in commemoration of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, which could liven up the match-watching experience. You can now ask Alexa for the latest match updates, like schedules, scores, team sheets, and player stats. You can also enable a skill to get live commentary and player stats.
To bring these new skills to Alexa, Amazon has collaborated with Digital2Sports, a partnership between One Digital Entertainment and Channel2Group and the official audio rights holder for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup.
Further, the Singapore-based data analytics company TV Conal has introduced an Alexa skill that uses data from past matches to analyse current matches for die-hard cricket fans who want to stay on top of the game. TV Conal uses Big Data and machine learning to solve the most challenging problems in data analytics.
Cricket fans can use Alexa to ask for information such as the probable winner, innings scores, and much more to improve their live sports experience. Simply ask “Alexa, ask Cricket Predictor,” “Alexa, ask Cricket Predictor,” “Alexa, ask Cricket Predictor, how much will Australia score,” “Alexa, ask Cricket Predictor, who will take the next wicket,” or “Alexa, ask Cricket Predictor, who will be the top scorer.”
This skill is free to use on a variety of devices, including Echo smart speakers, Fire TV, the Alexa mobile app, and even the Amazon shopping app (Android). We’ve compiled a list of Alexa commands and their applications.
New Alexa Skills for Cricket Fans!
- Just ask “Alexa, remind me when India’s match starts” or “Alexa, when is India’s next match” and you will never miss a game. Even if you forget to tune in, you can always ask “Alexa, who won today’s match?”
- Just ask, “Alexa, which teams are playing tomorrow?” “Alexa, what is today’s match?” or “Alexa, match?” will tell you when to plan your watch party.
- Alexa can also tell you about much-awaited matches like “India vs Pakistan.” Just ask “Alexa, when is the India vs Pakistan match?” and gear up for some intensity.
- “Alexa, who are the players for today’s game?” or “Alexa, match?”or “Alexa, who is the captain of New Zealand?” You’ll get details about the starting 11 and team information.
- To learn more about the match’s toss, simply ask “Alexa, match toss” or “Alexa, which team won the toss?”
- By asking, “Alexa, who won the man of the match?” Or “Alexa, how many wickets has Pakistan’s team taken?” or “Alexa, how many runs has Sri Lanka’s team scored?”, you’ll receive information about the man of the match, leading run-scorer, and wicket-taker of a match.
- Simply ask, “Alexa, which team is at the top of the points table?” to know the table standings of the tournament.
- Simply ask “Alexa, ask Cricket Predictor,” “Alexa, ask Cricket Predictor, how much will Australia score,” “Alexa, ask Cricket Predictor, who will take the next wicket,” or “Alexa, ask Cricket Predictor, who will be the top scorer” to stay ahead of the game.