OPPO has introduced the A17, the company’s latest A series smartphone in Malaysia, as the successor to last year’s A16 model. It has a slightly larger 6.56-inch HD+ screen with a water drop notch, and has a 5MP camera inside the notch. It is powered by Helio P35 and has 4GB of RAM with up to 4GB of additional virtual RAM.
The phone has a 50MP rear camera along with a 2MP depth sensor, features a one-piece faux leather rear design, side-mounted fingerprint scanner and IPX4 ratings for splash resistance. It has a 5000mAh battery.
OPPO A17 Specifications
- 6.56-inch (1612 × 720 pixels) HD+ display with Waterdrop Notch, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- 2.3GHz Octa Core MediaTek Helio G35 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB eMMC 5.1 storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.8 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 164.2 x 75.6 x8.3mm; Weight: 189g
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C Port
- 5000mAh battery
Pricing and availability
The OPPO A17 comes in Lake Blue and Midnight Black colours, is priced at 599 Malaysian Ringgit (US$ 130 / Rs. 10,619 approx.) and is already on sale in Malaysia.