Amazfit at its IFA event announced GTR 4 and GTR 4 smartwatches as the successor its its last year’s models. There is no Pro model in the GTR series like last year. These have improved GPS positioning, 150+ sports modes, feature Bluetooth calling and standalone music playback.
Strong and Precise GPS Positioning
The smartwatches feature industry-first dual-band circularly-polarized GPS antenna technology for precise positioning, unimpeded by environmental or multi-path interference. It said that this will be 99% as accurate as handheld GPS locators and supports five satellite positioning systems at launch, and can be used to track real-time GPS movement. In future, users will also be to import route files and navigate them in real-time, directly on the display.
Sports data can even be synced to Strava and the company has also added adidas Running, thanks to the new strategic partnership between Amazfit and adidas Runtastic. This will be added via an update.
The Amazfit GTS 4 comes in Infinite Black, Misty White, Autumn Brown, and Rosebud Pink. It has an elegant gemstone-style crown. The GTR 4 comes in Superspeed Black, Vintage Brown Leather, and Racetrack Grey. The crown also features red detailing and tire-like grooves.
These have BioTracker 4.0 PPG biometric optical sensor. Enhanced to 2LED, the new sensor collects 33% more data than the previous generation, and – when combined with the watches’ heart rate tracking algorithm – reduces signal interference caused by arm movement during exercise. It can monitor blood-oxygen, heart rate and stress levels, and the one-tap measurement function that tests these three metrics, plus breathing rate, simultaneously.
The upgraded Zepp OS 2.0 now allows users to select one of two app menu layout styles. The enriched mini app ecosystem has also added “Baby Records”, which lets users record their baby’s sleep and feeding times, plus two games, along with the GoPro and Home Connect third-party apps.
Morning Update function can prepare users for the day by summarizing information like the weather, calendar events, and more. These can provide alerts for abnormally: high or low heart rates, low SpO₂ levels and high stress levels (which will result in a prompt to perform the built-in breathing exercise).
Amazfit GTR 4 and GTS 4 specifications
- GTR 4 – 1.43-inch (466×466 pixels) AMOLED 326PPI screen, Tempered glass + anti-fingerprint coating + anti-glare bezel
- GTS 4 – 1.75-inch (390×450 pixels) AMOLED 341PPI screen, Tempered glass +anti-fingerprint coating
- Zepp OS 2.0,Support for Android 7.0 and above, iOS 12.0 and above
- 150+ Sports Modes, automatically recognize 15 strength training exercises at launch, along with eight sports movements
- BioTracker 4.0 PPG biometric sensor (supports blood-oxygen, 4PD + 2LED), Acceleration sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Barometric altimeter, Ambient light sensor
- Water-resistant (5ATM / 50 Meters)
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE, Wi-Fi (2.4GHz), Dual-band GPS & 6 satellite positioning systems
- 2.3GB built-in storage for offline music playback
- Microphone, Speaker for Alexa, offline voice assistant and voice calling over Bluetooth
- GTR 4 – Dimensions:46x46x10.6mm; Weight: 34g
- GTS 4- Dimensions:42.7×36.5×9.9mm; Weight: 27g
- GTR 4 – 475mAh battery with up to 14 days battery life, up to 24 days battery life in battery saver mode, up to 25 hours of continuous GPS use in accuracy mode, 44 hours in balanced mode
- GTS 4- 300mAh battery with up to 8 days battery life, up to 16 days battery life in battery saver mode, up to 16 hours of continuous GPS use in accuracy mode, 28 hours in balanced mode
Pricing and Availability
The Amazfit GTR 4 and the Amazfit GTS 4 are each priced at $199.99 (Rs. 15,970 approx.) and are already available in the US from today.
In the EMEA market, the Amazfit GTR 4 and GTS 4 are priced at 199.99 Euros each and will be available to order from starting today in Germany and Poland and go on sale later this month, followed by Spain, Italy, France, the UK, and more countries and regions worldwide from mid-September through to October 2022.