ASUS already confirmed the launch of ROG Phone 6, its flagship gaming phone, in a global event on July 5th. The company already posted a teaser confirming 165Hz refresh rate screen compared to 144Hz in the predecessor. It also posted a second teaser a few days that revealed that the phone will feature a large vapor chamber 30% bigger than the predecessor and the graphite sheet will be over 85% bigger, offering the best cooling performance.
Today, leaker Digital chat station has posted the complete specifications of the smartphone, and the phone has also been certified by TENAA in China. Except for the screen, SoC and cooling, it is said to retain other specifications from the predecessor, including the 6000mAh battery with support for 65W charging. The phone is said to be 0.10mm thicker, but about 9 grams lighter than the ROG Phone 5.
ASUS ROG Phone 6 rumored specifications
- 6.78-inch Full HD+ 165Hz OLED 10-bit HDR display
- Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 18GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with ROG UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera, ultra-wide camera, macro sensor, 8k video recording
- 12MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Ultrasonic sensors for AirTrigger and grip press detection
- Dimensions: 172.834×77.252×10.39; Weight: 229g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) battery with 65W HyperCharge fast charging
Will the phone retain the same price as the predecessor or get costly? We should know when it goes official on July 5th.