POCO has announced POCO C40, the company’s latest budget smartphone for the global markets, as it had promised. It has a 6.71-inch HD+ screen, 5MP selfie camera inside the notch, and is powered by a new JR510 Octa-Core SoC developed by JLQ Technology. It has up to 4GB of RAM, and packs a 13MP main camera along with a 2MP depth sensor.
The phone runs Android 11 with MIUI 13 out of the box, has a leather-like textured back that makes it smudge and fingerprint-resistant, features a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 6000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging, but comes with a 10W charger in the box.
POCO C40 specifications
- 6.71-inch (1650 x 720 pixels) HD+ display, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core JR510 (4 x 2.0 GHz + 4 x 1.5 GHz) processor, Mali-G52 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 13 for POCO
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear primary camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front camera
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 169.59×76.56×9.18mm;Weight: 204g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 6000mAh (typical) battery with support for 18W fast charging
Picing and availability
The POCO C40 comes in Power Black, Coral Green and POCO Yellow colours. It just said that it will roll out soon and the pricing will be revealed when it is launched in the local market. However, based on earlier reports, the phone will be priced at VND 3,490,000 (US$ 150 / Rs. 11,730 approx.) for the 4GB + 64GB model in Vietnam.