WhatsApp Payments is one of the newer players in the UPI payments space. There is a new attractive offer from WhatsApp Payments to attract more users to the service. You can get cashback up to ₹105 by sending a minimum of 1 rupee to 3 users using WhatsApp. As you might know, WhatsApp is owned by Facebook (Meta) and this is the latest attempt by the company to win UPI users.
How to avail the WhatsApp UPI Cashback offer and get Rs 105 for free?
This offer is being rolled out to select users on WhatsApp. If you are eligible, you will see a gift icon when in the send money screen.
- Make sure you are running the latest version of WhatsApp either on iOS or Android.
- You should have been using the app for at least 30 days.
- WhatsApp Business accounts are not eligible
- You should see a banner when you open WhatsApp prompting you to set up Payments.
- Else you can select Settings->Payments and you will see the offer screen
- Make sure to setup your WhatsApp payments account and link it with your back account.
- Once this is setup, make sure to send a minimum of Rs 1 to any of your WhatsApp contacts who have setup Payments.
- If they don’t have WhatsApp Payments set up, you can send them money once they have set it up.
- To avail the full cashback, you need to send money to 3 contacts over WhatsApp
- For each transaction, you will receive a cashback of Rs. 35 and you can receive a total of Rs. 105 in this process.
You can find more details in the WhatsApp Help Center about eligibility and terms of the offer. This is not the first time the company is running a cashback promo. We saw a less attractive promo back in April 2022 where users could get up to Rs 33 in cashback.
According to data from NPCI, WhatsApp Payments did only about 294.98 crores in 3.48 million transactions in the month of May 2022. This is a minuscule number compared to the amount handled by Google Pay, PhonePe and Paytm. Gpay got very popular after cashback offers and scratch cards and WhatsApp Payments is trying to woo Indian consumers with the same trick. Who does not love some free money!