realme just launched the realme Q5 and Q5 Pro smartphones in the Q series in China, as it had promised. The realme Q5 has a similar design and almost similar specifications as the realme 9 Pro that was launched in India in February, but the design of the phone resembles the realme 9 5G.
The realme Q5 Pro is a new phone that has a Checkerboard rear design. It has a 6.62″ FHD+ AMOLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate, 720Hz touch sampling rate and 1000Hz instant touch sampling rate, is powered by Snapdragon 870 SoC with up to 8GB of RAM, has 8-layer three-dimensional cooling, and the largest stainless steel VC area of 4129mm² in the price segment, says the company. The total heat dissipation area is as high as, 17932.511mm². The phone has 5000mAh battery with support for 80W fast charging that can charge the phone up to 100% in 36 minutes.
realme Q5 specifications
- 6.6-inch (2400×1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, up to 600 nits brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 695 8nm Mobile Platform (2.2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 560 CPUs) with Adreno 619L GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 12 with realme UI 3.0
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP depth and 2MP macro cameras with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.05 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, single speaker
- Dimensions:164.3×75.6×8.5mm; Weight: 195g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 60W fast charging
realme Q5 Pro specifications
- 6.62-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 120Hz E4 AMOLED display, HDR10+, up to 1300 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 wide color gamut, 106% NTSC color gamut, 16000-level dimming, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with realme UI 3.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 162.9×75.8×8.65mm; Weight: 194.5g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5)/ GLONASS / Navic/ QZSS/ Galileo, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4880mAh (minimum) battery with 80W Dart Charging
Pricing and availability
The realme Q5 comes in Dusk, Sunrise Blue and Phantom colours, is priced at 1399 yuan (US$ 218 / Rs. 16,685 approx.), 1599 yuan (US$ 249 / Rs. 19,070 approx.) and 1799 yuan (US$ 280 / Rs. 21,455 approx.) for the 6GB + 128GB, 8GB + 128GB and 8GB + 256GB models, respectively.
The realme Q5 Pro comes in Summer, Snow White and Phantom colours, is priced at 1899 yuan (US$ 296 / Rs. 22,640 approx.), 2099 yuan (US$ 327 / Rs. 25,030 approx.) and 2299 yuan (US$ 358 / Rs. 27,420 approx.) for the 6GB + 128GB, 8GB + 128GB and 8GB + 256GB models, respectively.
These are available to order and will go on sale in China from April 27th. There is a 100 yuan discount during the first sale.