nubia’s RedMagic today announced the RedMagic 6S Pro, the company’s latest flagship gaming phone in China. It features a 6.8-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen with 165Hz refresh rate, 720Hz multi-finger touch sampling rate and touch response time of 7.4ms.The adaptive refresh rate can be switched between 60Hz, 90Hz, 120Hz, and 165Hz. The screen has 10-bit color and DC dimming. There is a new mappable touchpad area on the back called “M key” for more controls and an enhanced console-like mobile gaming experience. The “M key” allows users to customize either one or two actions by sliding across the touchpad to activate.
The dual shoulder triggers are upgraded to a 450Hz touch sampling rate with a response time as low as 8.3ms. To ensure their quality, they have been tested 2 million times for in-use durability. The shoulder triggers can be customized for any game, opening up many play styles worth exploring. You can also see the RGB lighting on the back.
It is powered by Snapdragon 888+ with 5G SA/NSA and runs RedMagic OS 4.5 based on Android 11. The phone has “aerospace-grade” n-21H44 phase change heat dissipation material in the body, composite graphene, and retains the 20,000RPM fan from the RedMagic 6 Pro. It has a 4500mAh dual cell battery with 120W quick charging that takes 17 minutes to charge.
RedMagic 6S Pro specifications
- 6.8-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 AMOLED display with 165Hz refresh rate, 720Hz touch sampling rate, 10-bit 1.07 billion colors, DCI-P3 wide color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888+ 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) internal memory, 12GB / 16GB / 18GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) internal memory
- Android 11 with Redmagic OS 4.5
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera, 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens, 2MP macro camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor with heart rate detection
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Dual Smart PA, 3 mics
- Dimensions:169.86×77.19×9.5mm ; Weight: 215g
- 5G NSA /SA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz + 6GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1/L5)+ GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with 120W fast charging in China / 5050mAh battery with up to 66W (30W in-box charger) charging for global
The RedMagic 6S Pro comes in Black and White colours priced at 3,999 yuan (US$ 619 / Rs. 45,260 approx.) for the 8GB + 128GB version, 4,399 yuan (US$ 681 / Rs. 49,790 approx.) for 12GB + 128GB version and the 12GB +256GB version costs 4,799 yuan (US$ 743 / Rs. 54,315 approx.).
The RedMagic 6S Pro transparent edition is priced at 4,499 yuan (US$ 696 / Rs. 50,920 approx.) for the 12GB + 128GB version, 4,899 yuan (US$ 758 / Rs. 55,450 approx.) for the 12GB +256GB version, 5,399 yuan (US$ 835 / Rs. 61,105 approx.) for the 16GB + 256GB version and the top-end 18GB + 512GB version costs 6,399 yuan (US$ 990 / Rs. 72,425 approx.).
There is also a limited-edition camouflage version in 18GB + 512GB with a matching charger, heat dissipation back clip, protective case and true wireless earphones and is priced at 6,999 yuan (US$ 1083 / Rs. 79,215 approx.). These are available to order and will go on sale in China from September 9th, and will be launched in the global market from September 27th.
Pricing and global roll out
The RedMagic 6S Pro in Cyborg (Black) 12GB + 128GB is priced at US$ 599 (Rs. 43,769 approx.) / €599 / £519 and the 16GB + 256GB version costs US$ 699 (Rs. 51,075 approx.) / €699 / £609 and the 16GB +256 GB in Ghost (Transparent) costs US$ 729 (Rs. 53,270 approx.) / €729 / £629.
The REDMAGIC 6S Pro will be available in the following countries and regions:
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Croatia, Luxembourg, the Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, Estonia, Portugal, Finland, Romania, France, Slovakia, Germany, Slovenia, Greece, Spain, Sweden, Ireland, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Malta, and the UK.
- North America: Canada and the United States.
- Asia Pacific: Australia, Hong Kong(China SAR), Indonesia, Macao(China SAR), Singapore.
- Middle East: Israel, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates.
- Latin America: Mexico, Peru, and Chile.