Aircell (not to be confused with Indian mobile operator Aircel) one of the leading providers of inflight connectivity, today unveiled the Aircell Smartphone, which is the world’s first phone which can be used in your next flight. The smartphone is the next-generation cabin handset designed specifically for business aircraft. Aircell Smartphone comes with menu-driven features, that allows passengers to place and receive voice calls aboard business aircraft just like they do with their mobile phones on the ground.
Aircell Smartphone Features
- 3.8″ color touchscreen display
- Android OS platform
- Bluetooth compatible for hands-free operation
- Integrated audio jack for wired headsets & earbuds
- Easy to operate functionality
- Ingenious design for interchangeable wireless or wired operation
Android OS platform sets the stage for a nearly unlimited set of rich-media features and functions in the future, which can be implemented on the phone. There has been no announcement on the pricing, but the smartphone is expected to start shipping at the end of 2011.