OPPO today announced Reno5 Pro+, the company’s latest top-end smartphone in the Reno series as it had promised when it was introduced earlier this month. It packs a 6.55-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate and 92.10% screen-to-body ratio, 32MP camera inside the punch-hole is powered by Snapdragon 865 SoC with VC three-dimensional liquid cooling system, up to 12GB of RAM. It runs ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11.
This is the first phone to feature 50MP Sony IMX766 sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, DOL-HDR (Digital Overlap High Dynamic Range) technology, Live HDR video algorithm, Full-pixel omnidirectional focusing technology, for faster and more accurate focusing, video tracking focus, automatic locking of moving and static subjects, real-time prediction of movement and more. It also comes with a 16MP ultra-wide camera, 13MP telephoto camera with 5x hybrid zoom and a 2MP macro camera. The phone packs a 4500mAh battery with 65W fast charging.
There is an Artist limited edition with Color-changing back designed in collaboration with artist Joshua Vides. This has a surreal two-dimensional style pattern on the back cover that uses electrochromic technology to switch the back of the phone between gray and blue which can be changed with two taps. This was recently showcased in OnePlus 8T concept.
OPPO Reno5 Pro+ specifications
- 6.55-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 3D 90Hz OLED display with up to 1100nits peak brightness
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB ( UFS 3.1) / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with ColorOS 11.1
- Dual SIM
- 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, OIS+EIS , LED flash, 16MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with f/2.2 aperture, 13MP telephoto camera with up to 5x hybrid zoom, 2MP macro camera f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C Audio
- Dimensions:159.9×72.5×7.99mm; Weight: 184g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 65W Super Flash Charge (SuperVOOC 2.0) fast charging
The OPPO Reno5 Pro+ is priced at 3999 yuan (US$ 612 / Rs. 45,025 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 4499 yuan (US$ 688 / Rs. 50,655 approx.). It is now available for order and will go on sale starting from December 29. The Reno5 Pro+ Artist Limited Edition (12GB+256GB) is priced at 4499 yuan (US$ 688 / Rs. 50,655 approx.) with pre-orders starting from January 18th and will be available in China from January 22nd.