It is that time of the year again and the new iPhones have landed. The iPhone design language moves to a rectangular design which is interesting and there are 4 new models this year. We just got the iPhone 12 Pro and here is a quick unboxing and first impressions.
- iPhone 12 Pro 512GB in Pacific Blue colour
- USB-Type-C to lightning cable
- SIM ejector tool
- Apple sticker
- Wall Adapter and Earphones are not included
Apple iPhone 12 Pro specifications
- 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, Dolby Vision, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A14 Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, quad-core graphics
- 128GB, 256GB and 512GB storage options
- iOS 14
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens, 12MP Telephoto camera with f/2.0 aperture with 4x optical zoom range and Digital zoom up to 10x, Night mode portraits enabled by LiDAR Scanner
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- Dimensions: 146.7 ×71.5×7.4mm; Weight: 187grams
- Stereo speakers
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 17 hours (iPhone 12 Pro) of video playback
Compared to the 5.8-inch OLED screen in the predecessor, the iPhone 12 Pro packs a slightly larger 6.1-inch OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display with 1200 nits max brightness. The phone has Ceramic Shield protection on the front, which promises 4x better drop performance compared to iPhone 11 Pro.
Powered by A14 Bionic 5nm chip, the phone offers smooth performance and has improved Neural Engine.
The phone features 12MP main camera along with a 12MP 120° Ultra Wide camera and a 12MP 52 mm focal length Telephoto camera for 4x optical zoom. All the cameras now support Night mode. Deep Fusion is now better and faster, and is available for all cameras. It retains optical image stabilization for main and telephoto cameras, and has Smart HDR 3 for photos for more true-to-life images, even in complex scenes. The phone supports HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 60 fps and Night mode Time-Lapse mode.
In addition to three cameras the phone has a new LiDAR Scanner for Night mode portraits, faster autofocus in low light, and upgraded AR experiences. The camera is certainly impressive from the time I have spent with the device.
There is a huge notch on the top that houses a 12MP TrueDepth camera. The phone has IP68 ratings for water resistance, and can now withstand maximum depth of 6 meters up to 30 minutes compared to the depth of 4 meters up to 30 minutes.
The phone has Surgical-grade stainless steel body which offers a solid feel and comes with a Textured matt glass back.
We also got to try the new MagSafe charger which attaches to the back of the iPhone using magnets. The iPhone packs an array of magnets on the back for MagSafe accessories like the charges, cases and more.
Overall the device is very impressive, and the A14 bionic is fast! More in our full review soon but if you have any questions or comments about the iPhone 12 series, let us know in the comments below.