Kotak Mahindra Bank has announced a new partnership with Google Pay, enabling their VISA debit and credit customers with the ability to make payments directly via the Google Pay mobile app. Once the card is linked, the feature will use the same tokenization method employed to make secure card payments on the platform.
Besides the security benefits with the tokenization method, this also reduces the need for the customer to enter their card details every time they need to make a payment. Some of the many ways, Kotak Mahindra customers can use this feature are:
- Tap and Pay at any NFC-enabled terminal
- In App Payments using OTP
- Scan and Pay with Bharat QR
To add your Kotak Debit/Credit Card, follow these instructions:
- Open the Google Pay app, go to Profile → Payments Methods → Add card
- Enter your card number, expiry date, CVV, account holder name and billing address.
- Click Save. You will receive an OTP via email/SMS, with which you can authenticate the addition of the card.
- Once verified, the Debit/Credit card can be used for future payments.
To know more details about the feature, click here.
Commenting on the announcement, Shanti Ekambaram, Group President – Consumer Banking, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. said:
Customer convenience, ease-of-use and, most significantly, enhanced security for our customers are the key hallmarks of Kotak’s collaboration with Google Pay. Now, Kotak customers need not carry their debit or credit cards while going out for shopping or enter sensitive card details for every online transaction, resulting in a smooth and highly secure payment experience for our customers.