Transsion Holdings has launched TECNO CAMON 16, the company’s latest smartphone in India. The phone packs a 6.8-inch HD+ Dot-In-Display with 89.1% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by the MediaTek Helio G70 SoC paired with 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage, sports quad-rear cameras that includes 64MP (primary) + 2MP (macro) + 2MP (depth) + AI camera and a 16MP front-facing camera with Eye Autofocus technique that prormise brilliant portraits.
It has TAIVOS (TECNO AI Vision Optimization Solution) technology that filters image noise and better optimizes photo and video output quality. “The TAIVOS Technology along with an aperture of f/1.79, 1/2″ sensor, YUV Encoding, 4-in-1 pixel binning enabling one to capture super clear night shots with vivid colors,” said the company. It sports a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, and packs a 5000mAh battery.
TECNO CAMON 16 specifications
- 6.8-inch (1640 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20.5:9 display with 480 nits brightness
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G70 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 1.7GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB RAM,64GB internal storage; expandable with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- HiOS 7.0 based on Android 10
- 64MP (f/1.79 primary) + 2MP (4cm macro) + 2MP (f/2.4 depth) + AI lens, Penta LED flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with dual LED flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 170.9x 77.2 x 9.2mm; Weight:207g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Audio Enhancement by Dirac Technology
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, micro USB
- 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The TECNO CAMON 16 comes in Cloud White and Purist Blue colours, is priced at Rs. 10999 and will be available from Flipkart starting from October 16th during Big Billion Days Sale.
Commenting on the launch, Arijeet Talapatra, CEO, TRANSSION India said:
With TECNO’s CAMON portfolio, we are constantly pushing the boundary to make cutting-edge mobile camera technology available to everyone at a competitive price. Our CAMON products seek to constantly transform users photography experience. CAMON 16 launch continues to be part of our “For India” approach that aims to disrupt the mid-budget segment with products customized to cater to Indian sensibilities in a better way. We are launching this product in India first before other countries. Designed for young millennials and Gen Z consumers, TECNO CAMON 16 pioneers the most affordable ‘64MP Quad cam with Auto Eye Focus feature in the under-11K segment. We are confident that with this new festive product portfolio, we will amaze the consumer and consolidate our brand position in the Indian smartphone market.