Xiaomi just launched its Mi Smart Speaker powered by Google Assistant at its Smarter Living event in India. The 12W speakers feature 63.5mm driver and Texas Instruments’ TAS5805M Hi-Fi Audio Processor giving a 360° rich surround sound, comes with DTS sound, features Bluetooth and dual-band Wi-Fi, 2 far field microphones for accurate voice recognition.
You can easily set up the speaker with Google Home app and use it to control thousands of connected devices and appliances, like lights, thermostats, security cameras and more. The Mi Smart Speakers lets you play & control music with your voice, align your daily tasks, check weather, get answers, set reminders and much more with the help of Google Assistant in English and Hindi.
Mi Smart Speakers can be paired together in the same room for the perfect cinematic stereo sound experience. Users can also use the Chromecast functionality to stream shows, movies and music on their TV or speaker.
Mi Smart Speaker specifications
- Bluetooth 4.2, supports A2DP, Works with Android 4.4 and iOS 9.0 or above
- Wi-Fi 2.4GHz / 5GHz
- Dual mics with far field voice wake up support
- 2.5″ full frequency 12W speaker with 63.5mm sound driver,
- 10531 sound hole around the speaker, Matte-stone black finish with 0.7mm metal mesh casing
- Touch control for play/pause, music controls on the top
- Option to switch off mic when needs
- Texas Instruments’ TAS5805M Hi-Fi Audio Processor
- Ring strip on the top with music lighting effect
- Dimensions: 131x104x151mm; Weight: 853g
The Mi Smart Speaker comes in Black colour, is priced at Rs. 3999, but it will be available at an introductory price of Rs. 3499 from Flipkart, mi.com and Mi Home stores starting from October 1st. The company offers free Gaana Plus subscription worth Rs. 999 for 1 year.