After several rumors ASUS ROG Phone 3 with the model number ASUS_I003DD has been certified by TENAA in China revealing the image and complete specifications of the phone. This also comes with 5G support, so it should be the first 5G phone from ASUS. It shows a no-notch design since it has a front camera in the top right corner bezel and a horizontal rear camera arrangement, similar to the predecessor.
The TENAA listing and AnTuTu reveals 3.091GHz processor, which should be the upcoming Snapdragon 865 Plus (final name not confirmed yet), an overclocked version compared to Snapdragon 865 that is clocked 2.84GHz and up to 16GB of RAM. TENAA reveals a 6.59-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, but AnTuTu listing says that it might feature 144Hz refresh rate screen compared to 120Hz screen in the predecessor. It has scored 646310 points placing it on the top, better than the OPPO Find X2 Pro and the Mi 10 Pro that have a score of 6 lakh on AnTuTu.
It also reveals 64-megapixel rear camera, and a 6000mAh battery and the 3C certification revealed 30W HyperCharge fast charging similar to the predecessor.
ASUS ROG Phone 3 rumored specifications
- 6.59-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 144Hz OLED 10-bit HDR 19.5:9 aspect ratio display, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 108% DCI-P3, 10000:1 contrast, dE<1, 10-bit HDR, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 3.091GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB / 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 10 with ROG UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with 0.8μm pixel size, ultra-wide camera, depth / macro sensor
- 13MP front-facing camera
- Dual front-facing speakers with dual smart amplifier, FM Radio, Hi-Res audio, DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround sound for headphone, Quad mics with noise-cancellation
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 171×78×9.85mm; Weight: 240 g
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) / 5800mAh (minimum) battery with 10V 3A 30W HyperCharge fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter
The ASUS ROG Phone 3 is expected to come in Black color. It is expected to be announced sometime in July and will compete with Lenovo Legion gaming phone. We should know the launch date soon.