Vodafone Idea has announced that it will support for cellular service on the Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular) in select circles across India, from June 12, 2020. The service will be made available for Vodafone Postpaid customers, which includes the Enterprise Postpaid customers too.
Cellular support on the Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular) has been available on Airtel and Jio networks for nearly two years, and finally Vodafone Idea has decided to support it too. At launch, they will be rolling out this support in three circles — Mumbai, Delhi and Gujarat. Support for more circles will be added in the coming weeks. Apple Watch users will be required to update their iPhone to the latest version of iOS to enable this support.
To set up the service:
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone
- Start the pairing process of Apple Watch and iPhone
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password to continue
- Tap “Setup Mobile Data” to share your Postpaid number and plan with Apple Watch
- Enter your Vodafone postpaid number and self-care password (Note – If not registered then tap on register to login to register your phone number)
- Tap Confirm once login is successful
- On Second confirmation the service will get activated within 30 min
Commenting on the announcement, Avneesh Khosla, Director of Marketing, Vodafone Idea Ltd, said:
Consumers today are increasingly moving towards having connected products in their lives. With the launch of cellular support for Apple Watch we are enabling our customers to connect their Apple Watch to their iPhone using the same / existing mobile number and enjoy the freedom of using their Apple Watch independently to stay connected.