HMD Global just announced Nokia 8.3 5G, the company’s first mid-range 5G smartphone at an online event. It has a 6.81-inch FHD+ punch-hole PureDisplay, is powered by Snapdragon 765 with 5G support, up to 8GB of RAM, runs Android 10 and comes with quad rear cameras that includes a 64-megapixel main rear camera, ultra-wide camera with 2.8μm Super Pixels, Video HDR and 4K Ultra HD support, depth sensor and a macro camera. There is also action camera mode and ZEISS cinematic effects.
There is ZEISS Cinema capture and editor and there is also OZO audio. The company says that it has a Nordic Premium design in Polar Night colour that takes inspiration straight from the arctic sky. It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner on the power button and packs a 4500mAh battery with 18W fast charging.
Nokia 8.3 5G specifications
- 6.81-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory with miroSD
- Android 10
- Single / Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with Dual LED flash, ZEISS Optics, 12MP ultra-wide angle lens, 2MP macro and 2MP depth sensor
- 24MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM radio receiver, OZO audio
- Dimensions: 171.90 x 78.56 x 8.99mm; Weight: 220g
- 5G SA/ NSA / Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The Nokia 8.3 5G comes in Polar Night color, starts at 599 Euros (US$ 639 / Rs. 47,865 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 649 Euros (US$ 693 / Rs. 51,835 approx.). It will roll out from Summer.