HUAWEI just launched the HUAWEI Watch GT 2, the company’s latest smartwatch in India, as it had promised. It promises 2 weeks of battery life on a single charge, supports Bluetooth calling, thanks to microphone and speakers, in-device music and capacity to store and play 500 songs. It comes in 42mm and 46mm models in 1.2-inch / 1.39-inch sizes with Super AMOLED display with 3D glass screen.
The watch is equipped with HUAWEI’s proprietary Kirin A1 Chipset that integrates an advanced Bluetooth processing unit, a powerful audio processing unit, an ultra-low power consumption application processor and a separate power management unit. It is compatible with 15 sports including eight outdoor sports (running, walking, climbing, hiking trail running, cycling, open water, triathlon) and seven indoor sports (walking, running, cycling, swimming pool, free training, elliptical machine, rowing machine).
In terms of heart rate monitoring, the user will be notified if heart rate is above 100bpm or below 50bpm for more than 10 minutes. The watch is also powered with sleep monitoring function.
HUAWEI Watch GT 2 specifications
- 1.2-inch / 1.39-inch ( 390 x 390 pixels) / ( 454 x 454 pixels) AMOLED touch display
- HUAWEI Kirin A1 chip
- Bluetooth 5.1 that connects to Android 4.4 and above iOS 9.0 devices
- 5ATM Water-resistant up to 50 meters
- GPS supported
- Dimensions: 45.9 x 45.9 x 10.7 mm; Weight: 41 g (46mm series) / 41.8 x 41.8x 9.4 mm; Weight: 29 g (46mm series)
- Integrated microphone and speaker, Bluetooth calling
- Accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Optical heart rate sensor, Ambient light sensor, Air pressure sensor, and Capacitive sensor
- Heart rate tracking with TruSeen 3.5, sleep monitoring, HUAWEI TruRelax, and all-day activity tracking.
- 15 workout modes
- 455mAh battery with up to 14 days of battery life
HUAWEI Watch GT2 46mm Sport (Black) is priced at Rs. 15,990, 46mm Leather version costs Rs. 17, 990 and 46mm Metal version costs Rs. 21, 990. It will be available across Flipkart, Amazon, Croma and other leading retail stores.
You can book the watch 12 a.m. onwards, from December 12th to 18th, 2019 and get a HUAWEI Freelace earphones worth Rs. 6999 free. Sale is between from 12 AM (Midnight) 19th December, and customer will get a chance to get the HUAWEI Mini Speaker (worth INR 2999) for free.
The HUAWEI Watch GT2 42 mm variant is priced at Rs. 14990. Availability and offers will be announced at a later date.
Commenting on the launch, Tornado Pan, Country Manager (Huawei Brand), Consumer Business Group, Huawei India said:
HUAWEI has always been at the forefront of ground breaking technology innovation at the doorstep of our customers. This versatile smart watch HUAWEI Watch GT2 further underlines our focus on health and fitness and help our customers manage it better. The watch scientifically monitors heart rate, physical activities and sleep pattern with help of accurate positioning feature. Well-equipped with many other features, the latest HUAWEI Watch GT2, will be users’ own personal trainer that will monitor their vitals and guide them towards good health.