Sharp has just introduced its AQUOS V smartphone in Taiwan and this comes after the launch of AQUOS zero2 last month. The AQUOS V sports FHD+ display, dual rear cameras with OIS support, fingerprint scanner, and more.
Sharp AQUOS V flaunts a 5.9-inch FULL HD+ IPS display with a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels, noticeable bezels on the top and bottom, and it is powered by a dated Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor paired with 4GB RAM with 64GB storage. The storage can be expanded up to 256GB through a microSD card. It sports a rear-mounted physical fingerprint scanner, supports face unlock, and runs on Android 9 Pie.
Regarding the optics, it sports dual rear cameras with a combination of 13MP + 13MP (Mono), f/2.0 aperture, and supports OIS and PDAF. The front-facing camera is 8MP with an f/2.0 aperture and supports EIS. The connectivity options and ports include 4G LTE, Dual-Band WiFi 2.4 + 5GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C, and 3.5mm headphone jack. It packs a 3090mAh battery.
Sharp AQUOS V specifications
- 5.9-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ IPS display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage which is expandable up to 256GB
- Android 9 Pie
- Dual SIM Dual Standby (4G+3G)
- 13MP camera with LED flash, OIS, 13 MP secondary Mono camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front camera
- Physical fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157 x 76 x 9mm; Weight: 173g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- 3,090mAh battery
Pricing and Availability
Sharp AQUOS V is priced at TWD 6,990 (US$ 230 / Rs. 16,440 approx.) and will go on sale today in Taiwan. There is no information on global availability yet.