TikTok creator ByteDance acquired set of patents and some empoyees from the smartphone maker Smartisan earlier this year, and the company this week introduced Jianguo Pro 3, the first smartphone after the deal. The phone packs a 6.39 FHD+ AMOLED screen with DC Dimming, is powered by Snapdragon 855 Plus with up to 12GB of RAM, runs Android Pie-based Smartisan OS 3.0, features a 48MP (IMX586) main, 13MP 123-degrees ultra-wide, 8MP telephoto for 2x zoom and a 5MP 2cm macro lens. There is also a 20MP camera on the front with 4-in-1 pixel binning.
It has an in-display fingerprint scanner, doesn’t have a 3.5mm audio jack, and packs a 4,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging, and is just 7.8mm thick.
Smartisan Jianguo Pro 3 specifications
- 6.39-inch (1080 × 2280 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 100% NTSC Color Gamut, DCI-P3 / sRGB color gamut
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.96GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage, 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Smartisan OS 3.0
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, 13MP 1.12μm S5K3L6 123-degree ultra-wide angle lens, 8MP OV8856 telephoto lens with 2x zoom, 5MP S5K5E9 super macro camera for 2cm macro
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.66×74.38×7.8mm; Weight: 185g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4+ 18W fast charging, USB-PD 3.0
The Smartisan Jianguo Pro 3 comes in Black, White and Green colors, is priced at 2899 yuan (US$ 412 / Rs. 29,125 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 3199 yuan (US$ 454 / Rs. 32,140 approx.) and the top-end 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 3599 yuan (US$ 511 / Rs. 36,160 approx.). It is already available for order in China and goes on sale from November 4th.