Apple at its special event announced its seventh-generation iPad with a larger 10.2-inch Retina Display. It has support for the full-sized Smart Keyboard, Apple Pencil support, A10 Fusion chip, advanced cameras and sensors. It features an enclosure made from 100 percent recycled aluminum with the same strength, durability and finish as the aluminum in all Apple products. The LTE version has Gigabit-class LTE connectivity. It still has Touch ID below the display.
The iPadOS features redesigned Home screen that shows more apps on each page and the Today View can now be added, allowing quick access to widgets for at-a-glance information including news headlines, weather and calendar events.
Apple Pencil makes it more productive and is even more integrated into the iPad experience. You can now mark up and send entire webpages or documents by simply swiping Apple Pencil from the bottom corner of the screen, and a redesigned tool palette gives easier access to useful tools, colors and shapes.
Apple iPad (2019) specifications
- 10.2-inch (2160 x 1620pixels) Retina display with 500 nits brightness, 264 PPI
- A10 Fusion chip with 64-bit architecture and M10 motion co-processor
- 32GB/128GB variants
- iOS 13
- 8MP camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5P lens, Hybrid IR filter
- 1.2MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash
- Dual microphones for calls, Stereo speakers
- 4G LTE (optional), Wi‑Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2
- Touch ID, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 250.6x 174.1x 7.5mm; Weight: 483g (WiFi) / 493g (4G)
- 32.4-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music, Wi-Fi + Cellular models up to 9 hours of surfing the web using cellular data network
The new seventh-generation iPad comes in silver, space gray and gold finishes in 32GB and 128GB configurations at Rs. 29,900 for the 32GB Wi-Fi and Rs. 37,900 for the 128GB WiFi models and Rs. 40,900 and Rs. 48,900, respectively for the 32GB and 128GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model. It will be available through Apple Authorized Resellers and select carriers. The new iPad is available to order starting today in the US and more than 25 other countries and regions. It will be available in stores in those countries and more beginning September 30. It will be available in India later.