UNISOC, a global supplier of mobile communications chipsets and IoT chipsets today launched two new SoCs – Tiger T618 and Tiger T710. These are Octa-Core SoCs built on 12nm architecture and come with fully upgraded image processing and AI capabilities.
Tiger T618 is a 12nm Octa-Core SoC with 2 x 2.0 GHz Arm Cortex-A75 and 6 x 1.8 GHz Arm Cortex-A55 cores along with a Mali G52 MP2 GPU. It features fifth-generation of UNISOC-proprietary Image Engine Vivimagic 5.0 and comes with integrated Tri-core ISP. It also supports Android Neural Network API (NNAPI) and regarding the display, it supports a wide gamut colour management system and an intelligent context recognition system. Tiger T618 has Dual SIM, Dual Standby (DSDS) capability with 4G VoLTE, ViLTE support and it has six wireless radio modes, TDD-LTE / FDD-LTE/TD-SCDMA/WCDMA/CDMA2000/GSM.
- Support for a 48-megapixel camera
- Upgraded image processing algorithms and AI Tunning tools
- Support for multi-processing ultra-wide-angle, wide-angle and telephoto image data at the same time with non-delay switching
- Support for three-stage synthetic zoom, multi-camera image fusion technology
- Supports ultra-wide-angle lens distortion correction and an improved AI engine.
- Supports face unlock, and supports features such as smart photo classification, scene recognition, face unlocking, AI beautification and AI bokeh for photos and videos and AI retouching.
Tiger T710 is an Octa-Core SoC with 4 x 2.0 GHz Arm Cortex-A75 and 4 x 1.8 GHz Arm Cortex-A55 cores along with a Mali G52 MP2 GPU. UNISOC says that the Tiger T710 is the first chipset platform that adopts the innovative heterogeneous dual-core architecture NPU. It has an energy efficiency of more than or equal to 2.5TOPS/W and it supports multiple AI data formats, AI framework formats, including TensorFlow, TensorFlow Lite, and Caffe. This SoC also has support for Android Neural Network API (NNAPI).
The UNISOC Tiger T710 is expected to be available globally starting in 2020.