Update: August 26, 2019 — OPPO has posted official images of the phone and confirmed that it will launch in China on September 10th.
Last week OPPO confirmed that it will launch the Reno 2 smartphone in India on August 28th. Today the phone has been certified by TENAA in China with the model numbers PCKM00 and PCKT00, revealing the specifications. The company already revealed 48-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide sensor, 13-megapixel telephoto lens for 5x Hybrid Zoom and up to 20x Digital Zoom and a 2-megapixel depth sensor for portraits. It will feature a 16-megapixel side-lifting camera on the top, similar to Reno.
OPPO Reno 2 rumored specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20: 9 AMOLED display with 500nit brightness, DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730G Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB /256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ColorOS 6.0
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, 1/2.25″ Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 0.8um pixel size, PDAF, 8MP 116-degree Ultra Wide Lens, 13MP telephoto lens for 5x Hybrid Optical Zoom, 20X digital zoom, 2MP depth sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 160×74.3×9.5mm; Weight: 189g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (Typical) / 3915mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The OPPO Reno 2 will come in Green, Pink and Black colors. We should know the price once it goes official next wednesday.