Xiaomi introduced the Mi 9 flagship smartphone back in February this year. Now the 5G version of the with the model number M1908F1XE has been certified by TENAA in China. This has the same 6.39-inch FHD+ AMOLD screen, but this is said will be powered by Snapdragon 855 Plus combined with Qualcomm’s X50 modem for 5G connectivity and pack up to 12GB of RAM and up to 512GB of storage. It will come with a larger 4000mAh battery, and 3C certification confirmed 45W fast charging compared to 27W fast charging in the predecessor.
It is expected to feature a similar triple rear camera setup and a 20-megapixel front camera, but this could come with OIS for the primary rear camera. Since it has a bigger battery, the phone is slightly thicker and heavier than the predecessor. The phone has a red colored ring around the first camera and a red colored powered button.
Xiaomi Mi 9S rumored specifications
- 6.39-inch (1080 × 2280 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 103.8% NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness, >60000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.96GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB / 512GB storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, OIS, Laser Autofocus, PDAF, CAF, 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5, telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom, 16MP 1/1.3″ Sony IMX481 117-degree ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 4cm macro
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.9μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.21×74.64×8.95mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 45W fast charging, 20W wireless fast charging
Xiaomi Mi 9 5G Black, Blue, White and more colors. We should know more details when the phone goes official in the coming weeks and go on sale in September.