HONOR has today launched a new smartphone named HONOR Play 8 in its Play series of smartphones and this joins the earlier launched HONOR Play 8A smartphone. HONOR Play 8 smartphone sports a 5.71-display, supports 4G VoLTE, runs Android 9 Pie on top of EMUI 9.0 and more.
HONOR Play 8 flaunts a 5.71-inch HD+ waterdrop notch style IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1520 x 720 pixels. It is powered by a quad-core 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio A22 SoC and the graphics duties are handled by IMG GE8300 GPU. It comes with 2GB RAM with 32GB internal storage and the storage can be expanded up to 512GB through microSD. It supports Dual 4G VoLTE and has dedicated Dual SIM slots along with a microSD slot. The body is made up of plastic and has a textured design to the back. There is no fingerprint sensor on this smartphone.
Regarding the optics, it sports a single 13MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash and support for autofocus. The front camera is a 5MP f/2.2 unit with fixed focus. It can record videos up to FULL HD 1080p resolution and comes with different modes like professional mode, panorama, skin photo, voice-activated photo, timed photo and self-timer image. The connectivity options include Bluetooth 5.0, 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, OTG and GPS. Lastly, it comes with a 3020mAh battery and charges via Micro-USB port.
HONOR Play 8 specifications
- 5.71-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 IPS LCD screen, 294PPI
- 2.0GHz Quad-Core (ARM Cortex A53) MediaTek Helio A22 12nm Processor with IMG PowerVR GE8300 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Weight 146g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 3020mAh (Typical) / 2920mAh (Minimum) battery
HONOR Play 8 comes in Magic Night Black and Aurora Blue colour options and is priced at 599 yuan (US$ 87 / Rs. 5,960 approx.). It is now available to buy from HONOR’s Vmall store and other major e-retailers in China.