Motorola, owned by Lenovo recently launched the ‘Motorola One Vision’ smartphone with 21:9 display, 25MP in-screen front camera and more in India. Today, the company has launched the One Vision smartphone as Motorola P50 in China with few changes.
Motorola P50 is mostly similar to Motorola One Vision and the design, processor, camera, etc remain the same. However, Motorola P50 is for the Chinese market and does not come with Android One that was present on Motorola One Vision and the P50 is offered only in a single variant i.e., 6GB RAM with 128GB storage. It is also unlikely that the company will sell this smartphone outside the China market with ‘Motorola P50’ branding.
Motorola P50 has a 6.3-inch Full HD+ 21:9 aspect ratio CinemaVision LCD screen with a 25-megapixel in-screen camera with 1.8µm Quad Pixel technology for sharper selfies in low-light, is powered by new Exynos 9609 processor and runs Android Pie, but without the Android One branding.
It sports a 48-megapixel rear camera with new Night Vision mode, OIS and also has Quad Pixel technology that combines four pixels into one large 1.6µm pixel for an incredibly sharp 12 MP photos with improved brightness and reduced image noise. There is a secondary 5-megapixel camera.
It has a 4D Corning Gorilla Glass back with gradient finish, features a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 3500mAh battery that promises one day of battery life, and the 15W TurboPower fast charging offers up to 7 hours of usage in just 15 minutes of charging.
Motorola P50 specifications
- 6.3-inch (1080×2520 pixels) Full HD+ LCD with 21:9 aspect ratio
- 2.2 GHz Octa-Core Exynos 9609 processor
- 6GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP rear camera with Dual LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, OIS, 5MP secondary rear camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 25MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Bottom-ported speaker, dual microphones
- Dimensions: 160.1×71.2×8.7mm; Weight: 181g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh with 15W TurboPower fast charging
Pricing and Availability
Motorola P50 comes in Blue and Bronze colour options and is priced at CNY 2,499(US$360 approx. / Rs. 24,880 approx.). Pre-orders will start on July 15 and the sales start from July 20 and will be available from major e-retailers in China.