Vivo’s iQOO just announced iQOO Neo, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone, after the top-end iQOO smartphone earlier this year. This has a 6.39-inch Full HD+ water drop notch with 90.0% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by last year’s Snapdragon 845 with liquid cooling, 8GB of RAM, runs Android Pie, has a 12-megapixel primary rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens and a 2-megapixel sensor for portrait shots. There is also a 12-megapixel camera on the front.
It has an in-display fingerprint scanner, comes in electro-optic violet color with a special microstructure texture with blue and purple gradients that offer lightning movement and the and the carbon black color uses carbon fiber texture under the glass. The phone has 4D gaming experience with real-time recognition of the game scene that vibrates the phone to intelligent match the scenes. It packs a 4500mAh battery compared to 4000mAh battery on the original iQOO phone, but this has 22.5W flash charge that can charge from 0 to 50% in 30 minutes.
Vivo iQOO Neo specifications
- 6.39-inch ( 1080 × 2340 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio display, 105% NTSC color gamut
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x / 8GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB internal memory
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Funtouch OS 9
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, 8MP 108-degree ultra-wide lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 12MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 157.69×75.2×8.51mm ; Weight: 196g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (typical) battery with 22.5W fast charging
The Vivo iQOO Neo comes in Carbon black and Electro-optic violet colors, is priced at 1798 yuan (US$ 261 / Rs. 18,030 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 1998 yuan (US$ 290 / Rs. 20,040 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 2098 yuan (US$ 305 / Rs. 21,041 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the top-end 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 2298 yuan (US$ 334 / Rs. 23,045 approx.). It will be available for order today and goes on sale in China from July 8.