Xiaomi introduced its Mi LED Smart Bulb along with its Redmi Y3 launch in India event earlier this week. As promised, it has started crowdfunding for smart bulb in the country. It is a 10W bulb with 800 Lumens of brightness, comes with support for Amazon Alexa as well as Google Assistant, and doesn’t require a separate bridge like Philips Hue. It comes with E27 socket so you have to purchase the B22 converter separately.
Highlights of Mi LED Smart Bulb
- 16 million colors, 1700k to 6500k color temperature and 80 to 800 lumens adjustment, scheduling, power on or off through the app
- Sunrise mode imitates the sunrise to gently ease you awake. Sunset mode creates snug atmosphere before bed.
- Turn the light on or off, adjust the brightness, color or color temperature through Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant
- Doesn’t require a bridge, and can be connected to WiFi via Mi Home App
- Cross Pattern exterior gives the bulb a gentle appearance while ensuring heat is easily dissipated.
- Outer filter is made of highly transparent light-diffusing material, and the plastic covered aluminum structure allows for even more heat dissipation, ensuring a long life for the bulb
- Over 11 years of long life span (with about 6 hours of use per day)
The Mi LED Smart Bulb is priced at Rs. 999 (Rs. 300 off compared to normal rate) and is available for crowdfunding through Mi.com till May 5th. The crowdfunding goal is 4000, and it will start shipping from May 20th.