Vivo’s iQOO brand has introduced its first gaming smartphone in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.41-inch Full HD+ water drop notch screen with 91.7% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 855 with liquid cooling, up to 12GB of RAM, runs Android Pie, has a 12-megapixel primary rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, secondary 13-megapixel 120-degree ultra-wide lens and a 2-megapixel sensor for portrait shots. There is also a 12-megapixel camera on the front.
It has an in-display fingerprint scanner and aluminum alloy frame. The back cover has two electro-optic lines that hides a colorful LED strip that lights up for notifications and when gaming. It also has two hidden pressure sensitive buttons for gaming, 4D gaming experience with real-time recognition of the game scene that vibrates the phone to intelligent match the scenes. It packs a 4000mAh battery with 44W ultra-fast flash charge that lets you charge the phone from 0 to 50% in 15 minutes, to 85% in 30 minutes, and 100% in 45 minutes.
Vivo iQOO specifications
- 6.41-inch ( 1080 × 2340 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x / 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB internal memory, 12GB RAM with 256GB internal memory
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Funtouch OS 9
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, 13MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens, f/2.4 aperture, 2MP camera, f/2.4 aperture
- 12MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.69×75.2×8.51mm ; Weight: 196g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3920mAh (minimum) battery with 44W ultra fast charging
The Vivo iQOO comes in Electro Optic Blue and Lava Orange colors, and that base model without ultra-fast charging is priced at 2998 yuan (US$ 447 / Rs. 31,740 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version. The 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 3298 yuan (US$ 491 / Rs. 34,910 approx.), and the 8GB RAM with 256GB version costs 3598 yuan (US$ 536 / Rs. 38,090 approx.). The top-end 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version with matte black carbon fiber textured back cover costs 4298 yuan (US$ 640 / Rs. 45,500 approx.). It is available for order and goes on sale in China from March 6th.