BlackBerry introduced the KEY2 smartphone in Black and Silver colors back in June last year. This has similar specifications as the original KEY2, but comes with deep red Series 7 Aluminum frame, with black accents covering the textured back and the keys. It comes only in 6GB RAM with 128GB storage variant.
BlackBerry KEY2 specifications
- 4.5-inch (1620 x 1080 pixels) 3:2 display with 433 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- 4-row Physical QWERTY backlit keyboard with capacitive touch
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, 1.14µm pixel size, 79.3-degree wide-angle lens, Dual PDAF, 12MP secondary rear camera with f/2.6 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 50-degree lens
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor in space bar, Speed Key
- 3.5mm audio jack, HD audio, FM Radio, Dual microphones
- Dimensions: 151.4×71.8×8.5mm; Weight: 168g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.0 Type-C
- 3360mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The BlackBerry KEY2 Red Edition is priced at $749 (Rs. 53,235 approx.) /€779/£699 and will be available in select markets across North America, Europe, Middle East. Pre-orders have already started across Europe on the official BlackBerry Mobile online store.
Francois Mahieu, Global Managing Director for BlackBerry Mobile at TCL Communication, said:
We always appreciate the opportunity to respond to our customers when they ask for an exclusive device variant – which is why we offered the BlackBerry KEYone Black Edition – and now we can respond again with the BlackBerry KEY2 Red Edition which offers a fresh take on our award-winning BlackBerry KEY2 smartphone. With added styling and increased memory, this limited edition BlackBerry-branded smartphone offers a distinct experience while putting a premium on reliability, productivity and security.